Clear Admit Interviews Tracy Yun of Manhattan Review
Recently, our CEO Tracy Yun had an interview with Clear Admit. Ms. Yun is a graduate of Columbia Business School with over 10 years of experience in mergers and acquisitions, and is the only female CEO of a major GMAT test prep company. Here’s what she had to say about why Manhattan Review is a great way to prepare for business school:
• It employs teachers that are better rounded than those at other prep courses. That is, a high GMAT score doesn’t cut it when we hire. Experience, maturity and enthusiasm distinguish Manhattan Review instructors.
• It is meant for people with very little time on their hands, which encompasses most of the population. Fast problem-solving approaches are taught, and the courses are suited to people of all skill levels, whether you’re a math whiz or a math diz.
• We have been selected by prominent institutions such as top business schools and non-profit organizations to pre-MBA training in subjects such as corporate finance and communications skills. Also, because the GMAT is not the only element of the MBA admissions process, we also offer GRE and TOEFL preparation.
• The class sizes are small, fostering a personal learning environment.
• Powerpoint presentations are a thumbs-down here. We believe that it is more dynamic and effective to have a verbal, non-scripted analysis of GMAT problems.
• We host an annual business school event – the MBA Gate, which has been well attended since its launch in 2000. There’s nothing better than offering potential MBA students face-to-face interaction with recruiters and admissions officials.
While she respects her competitors, she believes that Manhattan Review courses offer many things that larger test prep companies do not. With a passion for education and business, coupled with a 99th score on the GMAT and a Columbia MBA degree, Ms. Yun clearly knows what she’s talking about when it comes to GMAT, MBA admissions, and has the creativity to come up with unique strategies. To read more, visit Clear Admit.
Comments are closed.
- Pace It to Ace It – Test Taking Tips for the SAT
- Specialized Business MS Degrees on the Rise
- Three ways to ace your MBA Admission interview through proper prep
- Applying for an M.B.A.: Reading Between the Lines
- The Ten Toughest Business Schools to Enter
- Basic Strategies to Conquer the GMAT
- The Profile of the 2011 GMAT Test Taker Demonstrates Growing Diversity.
- Business School Scholarship Application Advice
- The Changing Face of Executive MBA programs
- Business School Reapplication: To do, or not to do?