All posts about Admissions.
- Practice with a time limit The GMAT is timed so it is best to work problems under a time constraint. In doing so, you will learn how to effectively manage your time. While studying without a time limit is sensible, you cannot hope to accurately gauge how you will perform “under the gun” if your practice sessions do not closely mirror the
- Fact: Applying in different years or semesters to the same school will NOT significantly alter your chances of acceptance. While there are slight variations in the acceptance rates from year to year, overall competition to graduate programs is increasing exponentially.
Applying to MBA programs takes time and money – and it may seem like getting a result of “waitlisted” is just about as bad as receiving a death sentence. That’s not always the case, and knowing the right strategy to undertake in this case may tremendously improve your chances of getting off the waitlist and into your dream school. Tom Kania, one of our top admissions consultants and a former admissions board member for the Wharton Business School, points out some key tactics to improve your chances of successfully getting off the waitlist and accepted into your school of choice:
“Standing Out” in a Business School ApplicationThe desire to “stand out” (while inherent in all applicants), is not what the admissions committee wants you to be thinking about during your application process. The most important aspect is to answer the questions clearly, making sure you are doing the best job you can to tell YOUR story; instead of constantly trying to put yourself in a context outside of where you think the other applicants are. I have heard admissions committee members say numerous times that over-thinking and over-crafting your application can ultimately hurt your overall chances of acceptance. Often
- Top 3 Tips For Slashing GMAT Test-Taking Time
- Why the GMAT is a CAT Exam and Why You Should Love It
- What 3 Characteristics Are Best Suited for an MBA
- Top 5 Useful GMAT Strategies That Will Totally Surprise You
- Top 3 Must-Know Tips for GMAT Data Sufficiency Problems
- Take Germany’s World Cup Championship advice on how to train for the GMAT
- Why Work Experience Matters to Business Schools
- Top 9 Essential Career Books You May Have Missed in School
- Important to know about an online MBA
- How Preparing for the GMAT Prepares You for B-School