Pearson Test of English (PTE) vs. TOEFL
The new competitor for the TOEFL exam was a topic of conversation at the recent GMAC Summit in London on September 17th. What are some aspects of the new Pearson Test of English (PTE) that separate it from the TOEFL?
- automated speech and writing scoring provide consistent and accurate grading
- score reports offer more for students and universities by offering recorded speech samples to admissions offices at universities worldwide
- results will be available online in just five days
- the fee will range from $150-$220, depending on each country
- more than 770 universities have expressed interest in accepting the exam
Similar to the TOEFL test, the Pearson Test of English (PTE) will test in all four sections: reading, writing, listening and speaking. While not available until October 2009, the test has been given to nearly 10,000 students with very positive results. Pearson hopes to set a new standard of English learning with a combination of technology that allows for a fair measurement of skills.
2 Responses to Pearson Test of English (PTE) vs. TOEFL
- Pace It to Ace It – Test Taking Tips for the SAT
- Specialized Business MS Degrees on the Rise
- Three ways to ace your MBA Admission interview through proper prep
- Applying for an M.B.A.: Reading Between the Lines
- The Ten Toughest Business Schools to Enter
- Basic Strategies to Conquer the GMAT
- The Profile of the 2011 GMAT Test Taker Demonstrates Growing Diversity.
- Business School Scholarship Application Advice
- The Changing Face of Executive MBA programs
- Business School Reapplication: To do, or not to do?