Effective Writing Tips
Whether you are writing an admissions essay or drafting a report for work, these helpful tips are sure to create polished works:Simple, Direct, Precise, Alive, Concise, Coherent, Convincing! Those are your targets.
- Reduce Sentence Length to establish strong, clear meaning.
- Order Words for Emphasis.
- Avoid Needless Words or Stuffy Language.
- Use Strong Verbs. Use passive verbs to highlight the receiver of an action.
- Emphasize Results, Concrete Figures. Use concrete and specific details that appeal to the senses.
- Establish Impressive Overall Style.
- Convey clear, complete thoughts.
- Choose every word carefully.
- Minimize redundancy. Strive for effectiveness.
Comments are closed.
- My Test Prep Experience: Two Students, Two Stories, Two GMAT Scores
- Why Grammar is the Enemy of Sentence Correction
- Top 4 Ways to Master English for the TOEFL
- Top 4 Math Tricks for Mastering the SATs
- How to Master the Trickiest Series of Questions on the GRE
- Top 3 Reasons Why Taking the GMAT Will Help Your Career
- How to Use Communication Skills to Master the TOEFL Exam
- 3 Reasons Why I Regret Not Taking an SAT Test-Prep Course
- How to Work Backwards To Master The GRE Exam
- Top 3 Tips For Slashing GMAT Test-Taking Time