Effective Writing Tips
Whether you are writing an admissions essay or drafting a report for work, these helpful tips are sure to create polished works:
Simple, Direct, Precise, Alive, Concise, Coherent, Convincing! Those are your targets.
- Reduce Sentence Length to establish strong, clear meaning.
- Order Words for Emphasis.
- Avoid Needless Words or Stuffy Language.
- Use Strong Verbs. Use passive verbs to highlight the receiver of an action.
- Emphasize Results, Concrete Figures. Use concrete and specific details that appeal to the senses.
- Establish Impressive Overall Style.
- Convey clear, complete thoughts.
- Choose every word carefully.
- Minimize redundancy. Strive for effectiveness.
Comments are closed.
- Pace It to Ace It – Test Taking Tips for the SAT
- Specialized Business MS Degrees on the Rise
- Three ways to ace your MBA Admission interview through proper prep
- Applying for an M.B.A.: Reading Between the Lines
- The Ten Toughest Business Schools to Enter
- Basic Strategies to Conquer the GMAT
- The Profile of the 2011 GMAT Test Taker Demonstrates Growing Diversity.
- Business School Scholarship Application Advice
- The Changing Face of Executive MBA programs
- Business School Reapplication: To do, or not to do?