All posts about TOEFL.
Many wishing to master English as a foreign language are curious as to the best methods available. The key to mastering a language is to live as if you already have complete fluency. Immerse yourself in the culture of the language and those who speak it. The goal with learning a language is to be able to express yourself fully and understand the thoughts and attitudes of those around you. Your aim is to understand the language both conversationally and formally. Learning a language and living a language …
The TOEFL exam is meant to assess your mastery of English as a foreign language. Fluency is defined as being able to communicate in a language with relative ease. You are only as fluent in a language as you are able to easily convey messages, ideas, thoughts, using grammatically correct words and phrases. The best way to practice this skill …
- It is made up of Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing sections.
- It will take you about four hours in total from start to finish.
- For the Speaking section, you speak into a microphone and your responses are digitally recorded and sent to the ETS Online Scoring Network.
- For the Writing section, you will type your responses, which are sent to the ETS Online Scoring Network.
- Human raters, trained and certified by ETS, rate the Speaking and Writing responses.
- The test is not is not computer adaptive.
- You can take notes throughout the whole test.
- There is no
- it involves a conversation between a male and female
- it does not have a reading component
- you have 20 seconds to prepare; 60 seconds to respond
- your opinion is required at the end of the response
- My Test Prep Experience: Two Students, Two Stories, Two GMAT Scores
- Why Grammar is the Enemy of Sentence Correction
- Top 4 Ways to Master English for the TOEFL
- Top 4 Math Tricks for Mastering the SATs
- How to Master the Trickiest Series of Questions on the GRE
- Top 3 Reasons Why Taking the GMAT Will Help Your Career
- How to Use Communication Skills to Master the TOEFL Exam
- 3 Reasons Why I Regret Not Taking an SAT Test-Prep Course
- How to Work Backwards To Master The GRE Exam
- Top 3 Tips For Slashing GMAT Test-Taking Time