All posts about SAT.
The SATs can feel like a maze, however, any maze once mastered becomes no different than a stroll in the park. The key to mastering the quantitative section of the SAT exam lies in studying several math concepts. Once the required rules and formulas are memorized all that remains is learning how to identify when to use what technique for problem solving.
- Know your formulas
It is important to
It was years ago that I completed the SAT exam, then again a second time several months later. I attended and graduated from a four-year college and am now currently enrolled in a test-prep course preparing for the GMAT exam. Although it has been a significant amount of years since I took the SAT exam it’s only through my experience of …
Prepare as you might for a standardized exam, your test-day strategy will factor heavily into your outcome. Anthony Russo, a senior at Summit High School in New Jersey, has taken the SAT five times. He shared that the difference between his lowest and highest test scores could be explained by test prep and strategy.
“Taking Manhattan Review’s test prep course initially raised my SAT score by 60 points,” Russo shared. “But more than that, my private tutor gave me a plan for approaching the test more tactically.” Want to boost your SAT score just by shifting …
- The SAT provides five scores:–three multiple-choice section scores for Critical Reading, Mathematics, and Writing; an essay score; and a total score.
- Each multiple-choice section is on a 200-800 scale.
- The total score is the sum of the three multiple-choice section scores.
- The range of total scores could be anywhere from 600-2400. It is valid for five years.
- Each section of the test differs slightly in its scoring method.
- Writing, the newest section on the SAT, is divided into a short essay and two multiple-choice sections.
- The essay is given a score of 0 to 6, with 6
- My Test Prep Experience: Two Students, Two Stories, Two GMAT Scores
- Why Grammar is the Enemy of Sentence Correction
- Top 4 Ways to Master English for the TOEFL
- Top 4 Math Tricks for Mastering the SATs
- How to Master the Trickiest Series of Questions on the GRE
- Top 3 Reasons Why Taking the GMAT Will Help Your Career
- How to Use Communication Skills to Master the TOEFL Exam
- 3 Reasons Why I Regret Not Taking an SAT Test-Prep Course
- How to Work Backwards To Master The GRE Exam
- Top 3 Tips For Slashing GMAT Test-Taking Time