All posts about GMAT.
- Practice with a time limit The GMAT is timed so it is best to work problems under a time constraint. In doing so, you will learn how to effectively manage your time. While studying without a time limit is sensible, you cannot hope to accurately gauge how you will perform “under the gun” if your practice sessions do not closely mirror the
“Standing Out” in a Business School ApplicationThe desire to “stand out” (while inherent in all applicants), is not what the admissions committee wants you to be thinking about during your application process. The most important aspect is to answer the questions clearly, making sure you are doing the best job you can to tell YOUR story; instead of constantly trying to put yourself in a context outside of where you think the other applicants are. I have heard admissions committee members say numerous times that over-thinking and over-crafting your application can ultimately hurt your overall chances of acceptance. Often
- The LSAT is the standardized achievement examination for law school admissions in the United States and is produced by LSAC, Inc.
- It was first administered in 1948 and has remained one of the most consistent and standardized of all entrance exams.
- The LSAT has historically consisted of 3 multiple-choice types and an essay; the multiple choice section types are Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, and Logic Games.
- The LSAT is required for admission to LSAC-member law schools, most Canadian law schools, and many non–ABA–approved law schools.
- It is a 3.5 to 4 hour test and can be taken
- It’s a 4-hour Computer Adaptive Test (CAT) that can be taken at any one of many test centers around the world 5 or 6 days a week.
- You may take the GMAT only once every 31 days and no more than five times within any 12-month period.
- This policy applies even if you cancel your score within that time period, and all of your scores and cancellations within the last five years will be reported to the institutions you designate as score recipients.
- It’s made up of three sections, the first being the Analytical Writing
- The U.S.-based EMBA Council lists about 250 EMBA programs from 180 leading institutions around the world on its web site.
- Because of rapid globalization, most EMBA classes comprise students from a wide range of industry sectors and countries.
- An EMBA program can cost up to $100,000. Customized courses start at a few hundred dollars. An increasing number of executive education organizations offer online courses.
- Customized executive education
- Take Germany’s World Cup Championship advice on how to train for the GMAT
- Why Work Experience Matters to Business Schools
- Top 9 Essential Career Books You May Have Missed in School
- Important to know about an online MBA
- How Preparing for the GMAT Prepares You for B-School
- Five Questions to Ask Before Hiring a GMAT Tutor
- Choosing the Right MBA Program for Your Career Goals
- The 5 Best Strategies to Address Academic Weakness
- Taking Time Off After An MBA Rejection
- The 5 Best Tips to Ace the GMAT