Yearly Archives: 2012
Now more than ever, students are opting to pursue a specialized MS degree as opposed to a traditional MBA. Many universities are responding to this demand by offering programs in finance, supply chain management, management, accounting, marketing analytics and others. Why the rise?
A Bloomberg Businessweek article cites the boom in these specialized degrees as a direct result of the high cost, time, and work experience needed to complete a tradition MBA program.
Schools such as Maryland’s Smith and Michigan’s Broad are working on their fifth and seventh MS program, respectively.
Which program would you choose? And why?…
Doing the appropriate research prior to your MBA Admissions Interview is of utmost importance. Here are three solid keys to ace your face-to-face!
- Know how you fit the program
Chances are you have already demonstrated your interest in the particular program in your application and essay – so go over those again. Refresh your memory on why your professional and educational background matches the school’s methodology, strengths and career opportunities. Dig out your old essays and re-read them from beginning to end. This solid written document will remind you of why you were interested in the school in the first
- Practice with a time limit The GMAT is timed so it is best to work problems under a time constraint. In doing so, you will learn how to effectively manage your time. While studying without a time limit is sensible, you cannot hope to accurately gauge how you will perform “under the gun” if your practice sessions do not closely mirror the
- Top 3 Tips For Slashing GMAT Test-Taking Time
- Why the GMAT is a CAT Exam and Why You Should Love It
- What 3 Characteristics Are Best Suited for an MBA
- Top 5 Useful GMAT Strategies That Will Totally Surprise You
- Top 3 Must-Know Tips for GMAT Data Sufficiency Problems
- Take Germany’s World Cup Championship advice on how to train for the GMAT
- Why Work Experience Matters to Business Schools
- Top 9 Essential Career Books You May Have Missed in School
- Important to know about an online MBA
- How Preparing for the GMAT Prepares You for B-School